OK, so I ran 4 miles this early afternoon. I was very slow and tired. I did listen to a podcast - a very encouraging one by Lon Solomon might I add - but I was still very tired. I ran 4 miles and the last mile my heart rate was hard to keep under 200. At times it peaked up to 213. I know that's high but I was also running hard up a big longgggg hill. When I came home it dawned on me that I haven't had near enough carbs to run like that. I'm on week 3 of BFL and my calories before this run were under 500. No wonder... Guess I'll enjoy some pasta for dinner. Just wish I had it before I ran...
"If you want the fruit, you gotta go out on a limb."
Ken Baugh (former pastor at MBC)
PS - today I finally logged over 100 miles... it's about time! I'm so far behind on my goals! I also read this story this afternoon - makes me want to pack heat when running...
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=128085&catid=40
No comments:
Post a Comment