The weather was just gorgeous today. I got to sleep in until 10!!! I have not done that in years! The kids were at my parents and I did hear my son's alarm clock go off at 7:30 but it wasn't enough to keep me up! Sure needed that sleep. Around 12:30 I went for a run. I was planning to do 6 miles, but since the weather was beyond beautiful, and I felt great, I went for 10. I felt great the whole time. I had one gel pack with me and grabbed another when I passed our house. I think I lost 1.5 minutes by stopping for water and the gel packet. But it kept me going. Nothing hurts which is a great sign and I feel fantastic (runner's high!). I averaged right around 11 min. miles - and did feel a little tired around mile 8 but picked up around 9.5. I am sunburned now... forgot how the sun is finally getting strong again. I love color! :) I bought the soundtrack to Slumdog Millionare and it had good songs to run to.
You are the face that changed the whole world
No one too lost for you to love
No one too low for you to serve
So give us the grace to change the world
No one too lost for me to love
No one too low for me to serve
-Sanctus Real
2 comments:
Great job! The sun makes runs so nice, doesn't it? My arms got a little red, too. Thankfully, I had some mineral makeup on my face and that blocked the sun.
Are you training for a race or just running for fun?
Not training for anything at the moment. Just working on building up my long distance endurance and hopefully improving on time. I'd love to do another half and actually train this time for it but there are none around until the fall. Guess it's getting too warm here now!
Post a Comment