Saturday, April 25, 2009

Week 17 - Run 4

I just got back from running 10.2 miles and my emotions are quite raw. My arms are soaking wet, as is my shirt, head and well, everything else. The thermometer in the back of our house in the shade says 84. I was in the sun the whole time. I am beyond tired and ran horribly. I was so frustrated by mile 6 at how tired I was. I started to cry. I stopped by my house drank about 8 oz. and took back off for the last 4. My body was just flat out tired. Perhaps from the heat, perhaps from not eating any breakfast. I did have two gels - at each 50 min. interval. The first had 2x caffeine the second just regular. I didn't feel much of a boost at all. I had to walk the last mile for the most part. My heart rate stayed high just about the whole time and the watch says I burned 1380 calories. I just need to rehydrate now, eat something, and rest. I am going to try to forget about this...
You carried me
You carried me through it all
And I believe
Yes, I believe
You'll carry me all the way home
Cause mercy covers all.
-Building 429

3 comments:

Terri said...

Oh Kate, I'm so sorry you had a tough run today. I know the heat takes some time for me to get used to and if I'm in the sun the whole time it's pretty draining. I know your body will adjust. Really keep hydrated that can zap your energy so quick. I know next week will be better for you. Keep pressing on!

Wendy said...

Hang in there, Kate! You'll have better days. You have been doing great!

KaTe said...

thanks ya'll. i was so rushed this morning that i forgot to eat breakfast and ate two handfuls of roasted soybeans before i left. i don't normally eat for my morning runs and forgot that this was not a quick 3 or 4 mile morning run. plus, i got a late start (10am) so that is probably what did me in. just lost my mind!