Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Week 18 - Run 2

I ran tonight - outside - in my neighborhood. It's been awhile since I ran outside, at home, and I've missed it. I love running at night. It's quiet and still; no cars and no people. The moon lights my path and the glass that's embedded in the asphalt sparkles like the stars above me. The trees shadowed by the street lamps look serene in some way. It's even better with a full moon as I can then chase my shadow. The temp was perfect - 68 - but I was quite sweaty after finishing 4 miles. The humidity is sneaking up. My tank top was soaked!
Like a bird flying south, I'm seeking you out,
And there's no rope that can tie me down,
I'm running home, I'm a slave set free,
You're all I need.
-Sanctus Real

3 comments:

Terri said...

The humidity is getting pretty bad here as well. I'm glad you were able to run outside. Good job on 4!

Wendy said...

Love running outside! It's been raining non-stop here lately. So ready for a break. Hoping to do 10 this weekend.

Kim said...

The humidity makes such a difference! It sounded like a lovely evening. I'm glad you could enjoy it!