Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 23 - Run 1

I decided to sleep in instead of running the 10k on Monday... so glad I did as I need that rest! I ran 4 miles tonight. As I turned the corner of a street I was blown away by a beautiful rainbow. It didn't last long - about 5 minutes - but it was such a treat to see tonight. I cling to His promises it symbolized... :)
"Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit. -John 15:2

3 comments:

Much Ado said...

I always love to see a rainbow, such a strong visual reminder of God's promises!

Mary Ann said...

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies . . .
Lord of all to Thee we raise,
this our hymn of grateful praise.

From an old hymn.

Kim said...

I loved seeing a rainbow a while back, too...such a great reminder of God's everlasting promises to His people! Rest is good...sometimes that is what we need!