Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Training Week 1

And just like that... I switched my plan. After reading some more last night, and getting some good feedback from Wendy, I think it's wise to start off and stick with the Novice 1 plan. That way, I am more likely to reduce my chance of injury if I take it a little slower. I sure don't know what I'm in for so I should go with the easiest plan (if there is such a thing!). I ran 3 miles with my son tonight. It was humid but not that hot - around 84 at 8:30pm. I need to watch my water intake even more now and make sure I'm getting at least 60 -70 oz. a day. I always feel that much better when I do.

No ipod tonight... just the sounds of crickets and toads/frogs. :)

4 comments:

Much Ado said...

Wendy knows what's shes talking about, I consider her our resident marathon expert! :)

I love the sounds of summer.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I think that's a good idea. Glad you got to run with your kiddo -sweet times. Funny you mention no ipod - quite unintentionally (my 4yo ran my battery out) I ran w/o mine last night, too. It was kind of nice, and I'm writing a post about it, so check my blog later. ;-)
I'm so proud of you!

Kate said...

Thank you Jen xo :)
Jane, you got that right! I listen when she talks! She has the sweetest voice - ever - as well! :)

Wendy said...

you guys are so sweet, i definitely consider myself a novice.

love that you went w/your son!