I finished week 2 of training and am feeling great! I ran 4 miles Monday, 3 miles Tuesday and 3 miles Wednesday, crossed trained (swam and walked) Thursday, and 8 miles Friday. The first three runs were on soft gravel which turned out to be just fine. It was a flat side road and the gravel was small and somewhat embedded in the road so that made it a bit easier to run on. No blisters from that this year! My man drove me to the local high school track for the long run. I didn't get there until 10:30am; it was blazing hot and humid and I stupidly wore a black tank and shorts. 32 laps was sooooo boring and the my feet were getting quite hot. But it was fun rounding the corner of each lap and having seeing my man keeping tally. I was so thankful he was there. :)
It's good to have week 2 done and am looking forward to next week being an easy one.
4 comments:
32 laps - did you get dizzy?
That's awesome that he was there to tally and support you.
I'm so glad week 2 was a good one! You are doing great!
Wow! 32 laps! Now Kate next time you think you can't do something just remember that! That to me is real commitment!
Kudos to you for keeping up with your training! I don't even like 4 laps on a track - can't imagine 32! Sweet of your DH to be your encourager. :)
Glad I could help! Plus being there forced me to at least run the bleachers a few times to avoid appearing completely pathetic and lazy while you cranked out the laps!
Post a Comment