Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Training Week 7

I was thankful for a short 3 mile run tonight. It was 8:15 when I headed out, and after I hit mile 1, I noticed lightning. It seemed like it was close (visually) but the thunder took forever. I turned around and headed back for my n'hood, and booked it as fast as I could! Let's just say that 2nd mile had great timing! I finished the last mile in my hood at a normal pace as the storm did not seem to be heading my way. Man, that will make me run fast!

2 comments:

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

You're doing great, sister! Better than me! I'm having a really hard time carving out time for running now that school has started. I'm back in the old dilemma again of feeling like I have to choose between being organized and not stressed & taking time out to run, but falling behind in other stuff as a result. ugh!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yeah, those distant storms are great motivators for me, too. At least they take your mind off how tired you are.