Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 and so torn!

ran 5 this mid morning and felt fantastic. it was a chilly 33 degrees and i stuck to the 4/1 pretty much the whole time. ran about 10:45 min. miles, feeling fine. other than that, i have not run since sunday. all 4 of my children are sick with deep coughs. one sounded like a seal for two days, one spiked a fever of 104 last night, one feels awful today, and the other just has a plain ol' cough and cold. surprisingly, i have nothing. yet. knock on wood. praying. a.lot.!
i am torn about signing up for this race. i have held off all week for fear of getting what my kids have. also, my brother (he's awesome) has been telling me that we will get some sort of precip - ice/*snow* or rain to snow mix this friday into friday night. we had less that one inch early jan. and cars could not get up the hill and out of the hood here for the first half of the day. the roads were slick. (there was black ice under that dusting.) so i'm waiting. 'til the last minute. may even have to be morning of the race. never done that before. not sure how i feel about it since i like to be completely.ready. but i'm up for an adventure. my man said he'd decide tomorrow if it's something we can make happen. plus he's worried about me slipping and falling. ♥awww. i really wanted to run this race. just to get back in the game. but there's another half coming up in 3 weeks - it's just two hours away. i'm happy and sad.

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sorry your kids have been sick. Hearing them cough like that must be hard. Hope they're well soon!

I know how you feel about wanting to race - I'd feel the same way, but if you decide against it, three weeks will be here before you know it. Really!

Terri said...

I'm with Tina 3 weeks is not that long. I am learning this year to take a lot in stride and be flexible which goes against the fur of my plan everything out nature=) I know you will make the right decision when the time comes. Listen to your hubby he will help you.