i got my 4 mile run on tonight while my man and kiddos were at soccer. my legs were tired! and my shins - ouch! i am wondering if i need new shoes. the mileage on my current nimbus shoes isn't that high. and the last time my shins hurt this badly were due to needing new shoes. hmmm.... i do wear them here and there when i am out and about but, i don't think that is as much wear and tear as running. i think i'll run a flat route tomorrow and see if that makes any difference. me no likey sore shins!this is my new favorite brown rice. it is the best ever. i love mahatma brown rice but it gets so sticky sometimes. well, one day recently, costco started selling this brown rice (it's the only one there) so i thought i'd give it a try. wow!!! texmati brown rice is soooo tasty! my kids love it. it smells like popcorn when it's cooking and has a light nutty/buttery taste to it. i could live off of this rice with beans and salsa (and a little sour creme) and be happy for the rest of my life. yes, it's that good!
6 comments:
Thanks for the review we love rice over here so I will have to check it out.
I wouldn't have thought there could be a difference in rice brands. I mean, rice is rice, right? I love Mahatma but decided to buy the store brand. It was soooo different. Took longer to cook and really wasn't as good! So I'll def look for this brand. I mean hey, it must be good if it has TEX in the name. Everything TEXas is good!
erica, it's pricey (at the store from what i saw today) but i got a deal on it at costco.
i know it, pinky! certain rice brands just can't make the cut! and yes, EVERYTHING in teXas is good! i would LOVE to live there one day. i have a gazillion relatives there. :)
Sometimes I get weird pains too when my shoes are done, maybe they just wore out a little earlier then expected. I've had that happen too. Hope the shin pain goes away!
And I must admit, I love rice but always buy cheapo generic minute brown rice. Now I can't wait to try your brown rice! Sounds delicious!
If it smells like popcorn, I need to try it!
Maybe you need a different kind of shoe. Maybe there's more wear than you think on them. (I don't wear mine out and about until they're retired as running shoes.) You haven't upped the mileage too fast in your running have you? That's a good idea to try them on flat ground and see if hills are bothering you. I don't know, but shin pain is no fun!
kristen, that rice is pricey. i guess since it's organic? it was 6 dollars for a 6 lb container at costco, and i saw a 2lb container at the store for 6.79! i wouldn't normally buy it at that hefty price!
tina, not training, just running my usually small and "kinda long" runs. i used to strictly wear my retired shoes out and about and didn't with these. i bet that's it! guess it's time to start selling on ebay to save up for some new ones. i do not like this shin pain!
Post a Comment