Saturday, March 27, 2010

running high!


i am on a total running high right now! got up early and had a cup of coffee. then i ran 6 miles in my neighborhood. i pushed myself and was in the zone. it was a crisp, very breezy, beautiful morning. a few times my hat almost blew off so i just turned it around and wore it backwards and it stayed on. i ran in 58 minutes. it's been awhile since i ran that! the last 10k i did in 58 min was a flat route and my hood is hilly in some parts so i am excited and have hope i can beat my old time.

i took this picture on a run last week. i'm seeing crocuses everywhere now. they are so pretty! so here's a questions for you peeps. have you ever run a trail race? i'm considering a trail half marathon race. wondering what i would need to do differently to train for that. it's a 3 out of 5 stars for terrain challenge/difficulty.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Love that running high!

I run one every year and love it! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sounds like a great run! Do you have a 10K race coming up? Sounds like you would beat your old time!

I've never run a trail race, but I wish I could. I've noticed on the very little bit of trail running I've done that I have to work on balance a little more and look down a lot - for roots and rocks. If I were you, I'd do it!

I'm loving all of the blooming flowers, too!

Renee said...

are you thinking about the twisted ankle or is there another one near by?

Kirsten said...

Love that spring is arriving! Excited for your running high-such a great feeling! I've run trail races and training runs, even as far as 20 plus miles on a training run. It's fun, beautiful, good change of pace/scenery. I would train on some trails to get ready. Expect and plan to run slower, you automatically will slow down. Be careful and watch footing. In trail races, especially ultra's, lots of people walk the up-hills. Have fun if you do it!

Kim said...

I would love a trail race...maybe a shorter one, though. I love scenic runs with some roughness...keeps it interesting! You should try it!

The weather is supposed to be in the high 70s this week...I should be enjoying some great runs myself! Nothing like a runner's high!