![]() |
| summer days... |
i have been doing some stretching, rolling, more core strengthening exercises, and weights at the gym. today was the hardest leg workout i've had in awhile with high reps. my man was pushing me to failure so i will be sore tomorrow! i also swam over a half a mile at our n'hood pool last night but am really dealing with some bad swimmers ear now. :( i had to even go to the doc to make sure it wasn't infected since it throbbed all night and most of today, and i still can't hear out of it. so, now i can't get my ears wet until this clears up.
my man has said this to me before, and i was encouraged once again when my pastor said today: "the rest may make you stronger than ever." i can't wait to start training next week and continue to pray this rest does me a lot of good! 5 more days...

5 comments:
So glad you are feeling better, Kate!
I'm glad the rest is doing you good, too, but I'm sorry about your ear.
In a comment you said you felt kind of bad after a 10 mile hot run where you just drank water and wondered if drinking a sports drink would help. I think it might, esp. if it's very cold.
Great that your pain is almost gone! I know how discouraging injuries can be and you were so smart to pay attention to your body. I'm sure your ear will heal up in no time!
Listen to your man, just like you are listening to your body. Sometimes rest is the best medicine! You'll come back stronger and refreshed - and with a renewed zeal fir training!
So glad it is better! Take care and don't do too much too soon!
Post a Comment