Thursday, July 22, 2010

10am run is...

so much better!  still hard since it's 84 right now with a real feel of 90 since the humidity is at 70%.  but it was only 3.5 miles with a few walk breaks of 1 min. my heart rate stays high the whole time in these hot runs so the little walk breaks help to bring it back down a little. i feel like i've lost my speed but i know the heat is playing a big role in that.  at least i made it up the hills. i LOVE these dripping wet sweats though! 

saturday is a 9 mile run.  i'm going to have to run it early.  i'm anxious to get it done, honestly.  the hip pain has become very dull which makes me so elated. so i can't wait to see how it does in a longer run.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hope your long run goes well...I'm having to back down on my longer runs for now...the lower abdomen pain came right back after a couple of longer runs. So frustrating.

Kate said...

oh kim :( i'm so very sorry. :( i know that's so discouraging. i hope you are still able to run some short runs and that they bring you much joy. :)

That Pink Girl said...

Yay for hip pain getting better!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I made it up some hills today, too. Was glad I made myself work a little harder, but I can't say that I love sweating.