Thursday, November 4, 2010

MCM - day before

my dinner - was.not.enough.
Saturday the 30th, was cool and windy. All I could think of was how cold I was going to be race day. I forgot to pack my running tights and a long sleeve. Just.plain.forgot. I called a running store in the closest town to where we were staying, searching for at least some arm sleeves. None to be found. So we headed to Target and found some gloves in the dollar bin and a mini pink fleece robe (kind of like a snuggie blanket) for 2.50. The plan was to keep warm with these things and discard once warmed up. I was panicking inside, feeling unprepared.





We took the kids to a church fall fesitval that afternoon with lots of games, face painting, pony rides, a long hay ride through country roads, and candy, candy and more candy! I saw this license plate in the parking lot and found it to be very appropriate for that day. :)



  At the church, they had a pig roast and pot luck dinner. We stayed and everything looked so yummy and fattening - total comfort foods! There was roasted pork of course, lots of casseroles, and fall themed deserts with tons of icing. Oh so tempting. But I really had no idea how my stomach would handle stuff like that the day before a race. Plus I had just about cut out all sugary sweets all week. So I brought a carby frozen meal. I did break down and scoop up some diced potato casserole (the kind with broken chips on top - mmm). I paid for that around 4am. :(

I did not sleep well the night we arrived (Thurs.), the night before this (Fri.) and the night before race night (Sat.). The plan was to be in bed by 8 or 9. And I was most nights, but could not fall asleep and was woken up middle of the night to only stay awake for two hours on both Thurs. and Fri. night. The night before the race, the TV was on in the other room and I could not fall asleep until at least 10:30 (when I finally asked for it to be off). I woke up a few times with an upset stomach from the potato dish, and was up for good at 4:30 am. At least I expected to not sleep, and got a few hours all together. :)
 Soothed by the sunset & reminded that all things work together according to His plans.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Kate! I'm so excited for the rest of the story! Thanks for the set-up, I'll keep watching, can't wait to hear about it. (Of course I haven't posted yet either so no hurry!) What a GORGEOUS photo of the sky! Congrats you marathoner!