| my kids laughed @how big the sox made my calves look! |
monday - fast 5 miles! tempo run all the way! felt fantastic to just get out and run and run hard!
tuesday - 6 hilly miles! felt so good to up and down and up and down! i love running this one particular route since it goes up and down so much!
wed & thurs - NO time to run :(
friday - long 13 mile run filled with tempo miles. felt great except for the fact that i wore long Christmas style socks for fun and a long sleeve red shirt and a "wreath" style headband and it was 70 humid degrees when i finished! i was so hot - as in totally overheated!!
| YUMMMMMMM!!!! |
i'm looking at a march marathon 76 days away... with our younger 3 busy with basketball and my man coaching, i think it will be best to wait until the season is over. my man was willing to sacrifice a game and take me somewhere on my 40th b'day to run a marathon. still considering it... so sweet! but i may wait. :) i don't want to miss any games!!
we were close to an REI this week. i love going in there to drool. and especially love the way one can purchase gels individually. i got a few new flavors i've been wanting to try. had these two yesterday on my long run. the green apple by power bar is perfect - thin consistency and just so tasty. the peanut butter one by GU was so good too! it had a touch of sweetness to it and really did taste like PB. i couldn't eat this in the summer but it sure hit the spot and was really good!
another interesting note... the ultra distance runner at REI told me the power bar gels are really good for summer months or running in hot conditions. they have a little more sodium and potassium then others are are great for heat training. GREAT to know since i love the gel consistency of power bar gels!
3 comments:
You're doing great! I love your outfit. :) A March marathon will be awesome!
Good to know about the power bar gels. Thanks!
Mmmmm I could so do the PB Gu!!! Can't wait to get my mileage up enough again to try the PB gels! You are doing so great Kate! I know you are going to get that sub 2hr half soon!!! So whatch ya thinking about for your March marathon, do tell???
I just bought some Powerbar gels for the marathon. I like the extra sodium, just in case it's hot on maratahon day. I like the apple, too, and thanks for the info about the PB gel. I was wondering about that.
I wouldn't want to miss games either. Marathons can wait, but the games don't!
Post a Comment