![]() |
| my sweet cat and i last monday... |
Last Monday I took my cat to the vet. She had stopped eating while we were away. She had been loosing weight the past few weeks. Her bloodwork was fine for the most part - no thyroid, kidney or diabetes issues. So we left her overnight to see if an IV would help perk her up.
Tuesday I had put on my running gear and was about to head out when I got a call from the vet. He told me the IV didn't help and that we would either need to do an xray to see if exploratory surgery would reveal something or she probably wouldn't make it another day or two.
I talked to my family and we were going to do an xray and bring her home to be with us if the news wasn't good. I got to the vet an hour later to find out she had passed away.
I have been dealing with guilt (not getting there in time to see her, and heavy grief as she's been the only cat to have lived this long with us.) So many of our pets have died young or gone missing (our dog last month) so this one has been really rough. She was my surprise Christmas morning present in 2003! My sweet cat...
I didn't felt like running much last week. It's been so rainy and so blah. I'm in a rut. I ran 4 miles with my kids on the morning of the 4th. That was fun. And I ran 6 miles Saturday. And that was a rough run. We cut out sugar for the month of July and I guess my body is adjusting. I felt like I hit the wall at mile 3 the way I do at mile 20 of a marathon! I ran 4 faster miles in the rain Sunday and just felt drained afterward. Through this rough past week, I realized I'm still adjusting (and grieving) to the many changes of moving, changes, loneliness... and I just need to push through it. It seems like petty stuff, and in the big picture, it is. But that was a bad week... and I'm trying hard to make this week better...

1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your cat and dog losses - sad. Moving is stressful and sometimes runners feel kind of down after a race, too. I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment