Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November?

I sure missed running during the peak of fall :(
November...  come and gone... just like that.

I was sick for a full two weeks from an intestinal bug. It was bad. I have not been that sick in years so I was due.

I missed running for three full weeks - the week of the marathon I ran once and then got sick. The next two, I was not able to run at all. Three weeks off and I felt every bit of the meaning of hard when I started back up.




Nov 11-16 - I ran 3, 4, 5 the first week after being sick. It was hard. I felt dead.

Nov 17-23 -I ran 4, 5, 4, 7. Each run felt like effort. More than usual.

Nov 24-30 -  I ran 3 on Thanksgiving and 4 Saturday.


My time is gone. I just have not been able to find my groove. My left ankle/achiles hurts at times. And running has felt harder.

But I press on.

And sometimes I look down and see my regular comfortable pace of 10:30 and think to myself, hey, that's not bad at all. And sometimes I see 9:30 and smile big, and other times I see 11 something and feel like I'm starting back up.

I am just thankful I can run.

That is all.




1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

It's so hard when you're getting back at it. I'm seeing those numbers, too, so I'm hoping that making sure I get enough protein will help.

Great to see you're blogging again! Since you don't get sick often, maybe it'll be a few years before that happens again!