Sunday, February 2, 2014

Off to a good start!





Jan 6 - 11th:  3, 4, 5, 9

Jan 13 - 18th:  4, 3, 12, 3, 4

Jan 20  -25th:  5, 14, 4, 3

Jan 27 -31:  4, 5, 16

January Total: 1/1 - 1/31 - 98 miles






January has been good. After recovering the first week from a stomach bug, I started back up. Had to start out slowly as I felt weak and tired the first few runs. I was able to recover quick and didn't lose too much running base.  



The weather had lots of ups and downs. More down right cold days than mild! And windy which makes the chill even worse! :/ I felt the coldness in my lungs. As long as I layered up, I was fine - and worked up a nice sweat!  As hard as it is to get out the door on days like that, I have a goal - a marathon on March 1st. I am waiting until the last minute to sign up. Want to make sure I'm not pushing myself too much too soon. The best part was being able to run in the * snow *!! Last Tuesday is started to flurry on my 5 miler, and by the time I got back and ready for the day, it looked like the above picture! And by the evening, we were able to build a snowman! :) A rare treat for the south.





















I experimented some long runs with no or minimal fuel (gels). I was able to do it, but towards the end, running felt hard and recovering was tough. The 16 miler I fueled every 4 miles and what a difference! Hoping February's running will be just a good as this past month!

No comments: