I'm so happy it's spring now, and the days are getting longer.And I love that! This past winter seemed to drag on forever...
March was a good month for running. There were some really nice days and I actually got some sun! (Time to break out the SPF!)
I rested the first week of March (after the marathon). I don't think I've taken off an entire week after a full in awhile and I'm so glad I did. My upper quads were so sore from running a flat route. And my hips were as well. That's the one downfall of running a flat long route for me.
Mar 1: 26.2!
Mar 2 - 8: rest :)
Mar 9 - 15: 6, 4, 5, 5, 9
Mar 16 - 22: 4, 6, 3, 5, 11 Mar 23 - 29: 6, 4, 5, 5
Mar 31: 13 miles - I pushed hard on this one too much the first 8 miles so the last 5 were slower/normal pace. I hurt for a few days after. :/
March total: 117 miles
![]() |
| Spring is here! |
When I have a race or goal to aim for, it makes running that much more motivational and fun! The past two weeks I've been doing a lot of faster paced running. It's hard. And I hurt a day or so afterward. My goal is a 2 hour half marathon. My best was 2:09 in Nov of '11 and last Aug was a 2:11. I'm going to look for some plans and incorporate them in April to help me hopefully get close to this goal. :)
![]() |
| Had to leave my mark :) |



1 comment:
Spring is a great time of year with all of the flowers blooming. Have fun training for that sub 2 half marathon! Hopefully you can get in some speedy practice before the summer heat hits.
Post a Comment