Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Miles

tracking my miles...



May 1 - 3:  3 miles
May 4 - 10:   33 miles
May 11 - 17:  29 miles
May 18 - 24:  38 miles
May 25 - 31 :  20 miles

May total:  123 miles








 




View of the greenway in May :)
This month, I ran 3 days a week in hopes of helping the pain I have been having in my hip area (gluteus medius pain). It seems to have helped with the addition of more rolling, stretching and foot drills.

For the most part, the pain will come and go but has eased up a lot. Hoping it will not be an issue for next weeks marathon.












He totes my hydration for the past few long runs!

 May has been a warmer month. I've tried hard to get some good heat training in. Oddly, though, the 16 miler was run in some cool weather (60's and windy!). Thankfully it was in the 80's for the 18 and 20 milers. I just don't feel like I'm really acclimated to the heat just yet... soon, though!
















Scout :)









This is going to be my new running buddy one day - hopefully! We adopted him from the shelter this past week and he's such a great puppy! Pretty sure he's part beagle and some sort of terrier.










I recently read an Ultraruuners post somewhere that baby diaper rash creme worked for his chaffing issues. I literally have scars on my chest and back from my "seamless" running bras. I sweat. A lot. So I just thought I would always have to suck it up. I decided to give it a shot. This was my favorite brand when I used it for my kids. And it's been heaven sent for me No more Body Glide. No more chaffing. I am thrilled by how it's been for me!

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

A new puppy and you're running a marathon? How fun!