Wow, I have neglected this blog! Life is B-U-S-Y!!
A quick update...
I ran the rest of July, August, September, October and part of November of 2015. My miles went down each month due to being so busy with my children's activities and life - all good though! The last 6 weeks of 2015 I took off from running all together. That was very hard to do but I needed to "reset" my body. My lower back and my left hip were hurting so bad. I did not want to cause a running injury somewhere else by changing my gait from the pain. So I just took off 6 full weeks. That was tough, especially during the fun holiday's of Thanksgiving and Christmas! I wrapped up 2015 with 1036 miles run. Not my best, not my worst. I'm happy to have run a full marathon in 2015.
January 1st of this year, I started running again. I knew to take it slow and steady at first. Those 6 weeks of no running have totally paid off! No more back pain nor hip pain! I am attempting a "run streak" for 2016. So far, as of today, I am on day 86! I have run 371 miles thus far and had the best 20 miler run yesterday!
I am marathon ready and am looking forward to running one within the next couple weeks.
I do miss writing here and hope to keep up with it. I will update after I complete marathon #11 soon! Happy running!



1 comment:
Congrats on day 86 of running! I'm looking forward to reading your marathon recap! Happy racing!
Post a Comment