Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Still running!

I've been doing my own #runstreak for 2016 and am over 1400 miles now! My goal was 1616 (representing 2016 of course) and I hope to get past it if I stay well and injury free. So far, so good! No issues, soreness, pains - nothing. What used to be "rest days" are now 1 or 2 mile slow runs.

A beautiful run this summer at Hilton Head!

Since April, I ran a half marathon a week after the marathon and had a good finish time but was quite sore afterward. The only other official race I participated in was a 5k with my kids Cross Country team. It was hot and I had run 16 miles the day prior, so I didn't "race" it, but finished with 30 minutes flat.

Took a tumble on a trail w/the XC team!
It hurt to run for a good week with the open wound.
Now, I have 2 ugly purple scars!






















Since the last marathon, I kept my long runs from 12 - 16 miles over the summer months and weekly mileage at 35. It's been a long, hot summer - in fact, today it's another record setting day and supposed to be 85 degrees!

This area is called Sawtooth Pass.
 It has 3 miles of hills, and 2 long quarter mile steep ones like this!
I've trained here and can finally make it up the hills w/o walking!

My favorite tree on a path I run!
I look forward to seeing it each time!

I picked a November marathon 8 weeks ago and just added a mile each week to where I was at with long runs starting at 16 miles. I ran 20 miles the past two Friday's, with weekly mileage at 40 miles a week for the month of October. Now, it's taper time!

2 weeks ago the temp was perfect - breezy and 62 degrees!
I ran the Sawtooth Pass section twice so I was pleased with my time!

One week later... There was hardly any shade and it was
84 degrees when I finished! A much harder long run and Sawtooth Pass ate me up!!





















I would like to run one more marathon in December but it's a matter of logistics with busy schedules of three high school kids and sports! I'll update soon, not 6 months later! ;)

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I'll be thinking of you running your marathon while I'm running down the Arizona trails. Actually, just while running up them. I need to concentrate on the downs. Too many falls in my trail running history already!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Tomorrow is race day... I hope you have a great one!