Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week 7 - Run 1

So, last week was a bomb. I ran last Tues. and Wed. and then I hurt my hip. Not from running, but from wearing my stupid Crocs and getting up too fast from a sitting indian style to standing position. I think. Not sure how I did it actually, but it started hurting soon after that. So I had to take off until the pain stopped - which was Friday night - and then I just didn't feel like running this weekend. I had to get to Fleet Feet before I took one more running stride.

So, I went to Fleet Feet yesterday and told them my issues. I was hooked up with a great pair of inserts to support my arch. They could see the problem right away. I also got an IT band to wear on my knee when it starts to hurt. But the lack of arch support and the way I tend to slightly overpronate may be causing the pain. So, we'll see...

I ran this morning. Yes, morning(7am)! It felt like the old days. I bought some running tights yesterday while at Fleet Feet. I LOVE these. I bought a pair of Brooks long tights and a pair of Nike Capri tights. I was so comfy today. Why did I wait 3 long stinking years to get these... pft. The arch support inserts seemed to make a difference. We'll see for how long...

I ran 4 miles at 10:50 min. miles. Calories burned: 486

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You're awesome, Kate! This is a good idea to help keep you motivated! If I ever start running again (ha!) I'll have to think about this.

I love the new picture of you. Did you get your hair cut?