Well, today I ran with a friend from my son's football team. She too, is training for the half marathon on Thanksgiving Day. She and I are the same height (well she has a half inch on me) and weight. She did awesome. I probably slowed her down the last two miles by 5 min. I slept bad last night. I went to bed late (1am) and woke up a few times. And kept thinking about the 12 miles I was running today. Can you call that anxiety? I think so. So, I ate a bagel at 9 and had a little coffee before that. I had loaded up on white rice and pasta yesterday. I thought I was good to go. The first 4 we ran in 40 min. Came by the house and stopped for a little water, took off layers. The next two miles were also 10 min. miles. Miles 6-8 were more like 10:30 min. miles. The last 4 were h.a.r.d. I felt very sore in my lower back. It felt like bad cramps. I felt soreness in my lower lower tummy - weird pain. But I pressed on. Had to walk more to help the pain. Tried to change my posture. My friend noticed my feet pronate outward. I never knew that. I also started getting some rubbing on my right heel but not blister. Now that I am home and stretched out, my back is not as sore. I am sure it had to do with my posture. I felt I looked down more since it was getting bright out and I did not have my sunglasses. But overall, it went well. I felt motivated the last 4 with her there. Otherwise, I may have turned around at 10. I am so thankful I got through, had a friend to run with, and finished with a decent time. Not what I wanted, in the way of time, but decent to me.
I ran 12 miles - finished at 2:22. Calories burned: 1405
No comments:
Post a Comment