Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 14 - Run 1

I look forward to summer. Right now, I'd run in 90 degree weather over this pollen polluted air! Last Tues. we went hiking - about 5 miles - at Tallulah Gorge. I started to feel bad that morning but pressed on. By Wed. morning, I had a full fledged sinus infection coming on. I got some meds by Thurs. and am still on them, but am still dealing with stuffiness and congestion. What a drag. I was miserable for a few days but by Sun. felt a little better. I'm so glad I went with my gut a few weeks ago and decided not to sign up for the ING half this past Sunday. First, I didn't want to miss church and second, I didn't want to pay 85 bucks! Turns out, I was sick and so glad I didn't waste that money.
I ran 3 miles today. Man, it was h.a.r.d. I am drained; weak. I went to the gym tonight to do weights and am just wiped. I think if I don't push myself too much I can keep getting back into it though...

If you don't see the real me
You won't see what mercy's done
If you don't see my weakness
You won't see what love has won
If you don't see the distance from the darkness to the sun
You won't see
-Vota

No comments: