Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 20 - Run 1

I ran tonight with my son. It was a quick 3 miles but my legs were tired. After the long run Saturday, I was on my feet all day long, and for the most part on Sunday. I think one more day of just rest would have been good. My calves are actually a little sore right now, which is a rare thing...
In the pain
There is healing
In your name
I find meaning...
-Lifehouse (I'm totally fine, I just think this song is beautiful!)

3 comments:

Much Ado said...

I had to smile when I read your post because I was listening to this song (it's Broken, isn't it?) the other day when I was running and I love the song too.....I was almost going to post it as my "ipod highlight" and then paused.....I could have just given an explanation like you did in brackets! :)

It's a great song though isn't it?

Terri said...

That is so fun that your son has been running with you. My youngest keeps asking when we are going to run together. I really need to make some extra time for that I know I would love to have that time with her. My calves were bugging me a little last week. Thankfully the new shoes and some extra stretching helped.

Kate said...

Yes, I love that song because I think of how I can relate to it when I am broken and in need of Him. ("In your name, I find healing"... I ♥ that line!) And it sure is nice that the lead singer of Lifehouse has a beautiful voice! :)

Terri, how old is your your youngest? My #3 loves to run with me too. I need to make more time for her with the shorter runs. I'm glad your new shoes are working out too!! :)