I went to the gym tonight at 9:30 and snuck in 3 miles before they closed! My legs, especially my calves are a little sore from doing weights last night. My knee even feels a little tender so I may rest it tomorrow night... Still debating if I should train for the marathon. I would start in July - YUCKY!! I won't commit to it until half way through training. I just don't know if my body can handle that many miles! I'm scared, or maybe intimidated by the whole idea... I found out the Thanksgiving Marathon course here closes after 5 hours. I don't even know if I could *finish* in five miles...
Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling...
-Paolo Nutini
4 comments:
I'm surprised they close at 5, most I have seen close at 6 hours.
That's a good idea to commit once you see how things go and how you are feeling. I will be training in the heat of summer too, it's going to be tough. I'm glad we can encourage each other. :)
That would be great!!! I would love to cheer you on. I think it is wise to see how the training goes and see if it is doable! I would have to do that, too. It sounds like you are a really strong runner and could do it!!!
I really think you could do it as well!!! You put in great miles. Have you anyone you could run the marathon with?
By the way I LOVE that Paolo Nutini song! Such a nice upbeat tune and I imagine great to run to!
Re the running shirt you asked about on my blog: I'm picky about shirts/shorts too. The grape colored shirt I got is fine, but I returned the blue one b/c it was too sheer. I wanted to order one in black, but they are sold out in my size.
Post a Comment