Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week 27 - Run 5

I could not get out of the house until 11am. for a run. It was already 86 and very humid. I don't even know what the heat index was at that time... I wore my Nathan fuel belt for the first time. I LOVE it! Best purchase I've made in awhile now! It holds 2 10 oz. water bottles and I can hardly tell I am wearing it. I sweated like never before! It was blazing hot. I ran 5.5 miles and my heart rate stayed way high just about the whole time. I burned over 800 calories - that's about 200 extra for me at 5.5 miles. My blister is now flat. I wore 2nd Skin again today and never knew I had a blister. That stuff rocks!
How little do I know of the pain of my mother,
If I'm now just thinking, if I'd lost a brother?
How many nights has she lain awake shaking.
When I could of held her, shared the pain she had taken.
I should have held her and told her that I loved her,
A son needs to say it when he loves his mother.
-Russell Crow (yes, he has a few good songs and great voice!)

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Amazing that you can run in that heat-way to go! Good job.

Wendy said...

Great job today!

I've never heard of 2nd skin. I'll have to check that out if/when I get any blisters.

Much Ado said...

Great job on the run and so glad you have found a solution for your blisters.

I had heard that Russell Crowe sang in a group and often wondered what he sounded like.

Kate said...

Thanks!

Jane, I like only this song. I am not familiar with any of his other songs so I can't say either way if he made decent songs.