Saturday, August 8, 2009

Training Week 4 - DONE!!!

It was noon when I finished 9 miles and 87 degrees. My man and the kids came with me on a new path (a 6.2 mile long greenway that winds through the "forest" in town). It was mostly shaded with some sunny spots. No breeze today though. :( They rode their bikes and I ran. I was so thankful that they were on the trail. It was nice to see them a few times, especially since I've never run this path. I am so excited that they will do this with me as I run the long runs that are coming up. It's going to work out great as far as company, hydration, and oh yeah, motivation! The path was mostly concrete and I could feel its impact about 6 miles into it. My heart rate stayed in the 170's no matter how slow or fast I went. (Wonder if I drank too much yesterday - 80 oz?) My toes were really hurting on my left foot and my right arch hurt after I took my shoes off. My right knee was a little sore when I started out but once I got going it was just fine. I always seem to be a little rusty when starting off no matter when. I like to giggle and call myself the tin man. :)

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!
"Carbo loading should be months before the race, not the night before." (I have no problem with that!)
-Hal Higdon

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Great job! I'm so glad they went w/you. That is a such a blessing!

Same here on the carbs. :)

Kim said...

Sounds fun to have the family along!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Fun! I hear good things about that path... aren't there some new parts?

You should be so proud of yourself - for your perseverance with the "big picture" of the program, and in each individual run!
<3 ya!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I recently found your blog - I like it! Fa, a long long way to run - that's cute! : )

Good job on finishing 9 on a really hot day!

Terri said...

Kate it is always so fun to read about your runs. You are so real with your experiences...I'm so happy that your family is supporting you especially during the long runs, what a wonderful thing. Great job on the 9 miles!