Thursday, August 6, 2009

Training Week 4

I woke up at 8:30 this morning and put on my clothes and went out the door. This was the only time today I had to get it my run, and that in and of itself was enough to "wake" me up! I ran a quick 3 miles and am so glad I did it early. It was already hot at 8:30 and again, I was in the sun the whole time. I am going to look into a new path for my long run on Saturday. Even though it will be hot, if I can find a shaded route, that will help so much.
"Failure to take rest days is a ticket to injury."
-Hal Higdon

3 comments:

Terri said...

As you know I run VERY early in the morning, before the sun comes out and it's still crazy hot! It has been in the 80's at 5am. I know that's nothing compared to your kind of hot! I hope you can find a shady place for your long runs. Remember to stay hydrated Kate. Hope you have a success weekend run.

Wendy said...

so true about taking those rest days!

have you noticed if you click on hal higdon's training plan, each week he gives advice for every run. i have found that to be really helpful.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Ugh - the sun is so hard! Hope you find a shady route for tomorrow!