if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Training Week 6
So I rested Monday and boy was I thankful for that day. I was still a tad sore in weird places but it was all good by Tuesday. I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the dreadmill. My legs were singing hallelujah!! It was so soft! It's been a month since I went to the gym (shhhh, don't tell anyone!). I did leg weights for hamstrings and calves, as well as the leg press and abductors. Man. Wednesday I was h.u.r.t.i.n.g.!! So, today it wasn't as bad but my bum and calves still hurt a tad. i ran, with the intention of doing my 5 mile run, and ended up going 7 (which is this weeks "long" run since it's a step back week). I felt good for most of the run, considering I was awake from 3-4am last night. The humidity is just awful here. I am really looking forward to the fall. I hate to wish this warm weather away, honestly, but running in the humidity is hard!! Ah well, at least I get a good cleansing sweat out of it. Speaking of, today my eyes were stinging soooo bad from that! Two more easy runs this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
5 Miles turned into 7? Great!
Yes, the sweat in the eyes is so painful!
have you tried wearing a hat? or maybe you already do? i always wear nike dry fit hats and don't seem to notice the sweat much.
you are doing awesome! your long run is already done for the week!
btw, i need to talk to you about chicago!!! i'm going to try to call you tonight.
Post a Comment