Thursday, August 13, 2009

Training Week 5 - DONE!

Ran 3 miles Thursday night. My legs felt like lead that day and I think it's because I didn't drink enough after my 5 mile run the day before. I rested Friday and was planning to do my long run Saturday. I slept horribly that night so I decided I'd rest a little and try to run later in the day. The temp. was 90 at 5 and it was just too much for me. I had been cleaning all day and was just drained and tired from the lack of sleep the night before. So I planned to get up early Sunday morning and run. And it happened! I ran 10 miles and my man came along with me on his bike so I would not be alone on the empty roads. I was so thankful he did that! I felt fine the whole time and made itback to get ready for SS and church. I was a little sore in my hips during church so hopefully some more stretching will help that.

I wanna know you, better than I do, relieve me from myself, bring me into you...
-Jennifer Knapp

UPDATE: it's the evening now and my right knee has been a little tender off and on today. :( Also, had a weird pain deep in the back of my right hamstring (kind of there) that shoots up to my behind. Strange! Hoping more stretching will help.

5 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your fifth week done and you finished a ten miler, too - good for you!

Happy running!

Wendy said...

You are doing awesome, Kate!
I love that your husband went w/you again, so great!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I'm sorry you're so sore. No fun!

Sometimes I take ice baths or just ice my sore knees. Also, I often drink chocolate milk after my run to refuel. I think that helps.

Hope you feel better soon - tomorrow even! : )

Kate said...

Thanks Wendy and Tina!
Tina, I just read that about quick refuel when there's no time for meals and choc. milk was one. My son made me a bowl of shredded wheat and I ate in the car on the way to church. I wasn't even hungry and it was an hour after I ran... hard to swallow. I tried the choc. milk last Sat. and had no problems. Think I'm gonna give it more tries!
Thanks for the tip!! I haven't been this sore in a long time... now I'm kinda nervous about the next few weeks...

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I usually don't feel like eating after a hard run either, but I can always drink something. : )