So, yesterday I got up and had some coffee and an oatmeal pancake... let myself wake up and headed out to run around 9am for the 12 mile run. I wore my Nathan fuel belt with 2 10 oz. bottles attached. I took a vanilla w/ caff. GU (ate it after mile 4) and a Espresso 2x caff. GU (ate it after mile 8). I went the first 6 miles at a little faster than race pace. I took 45 sec. after the first 6 miles to fill up my water bottles; headed back out and slowed down the second half so I would not feel worn out. It worked for the most part. I need to slow down the first half more instead, so I can keep a better pace the second half. I'll try that next time. At mile 10.5, I passed a man walking his two little dachshund doggies. He waved and said "You're doing great and you're almost done!". How did he know?! Nonetheless, it certainly put some wind in my sail at that point!
I felt great after running 12 miles. When I lifted my legs, they were sore near the hip area; so I lifted each leg as I walked it out. That seemed to help. I took a cold bath afterward which felt great! My jog bra felt like it was a pound when I took it off! I used body glide for the first time and it worked great! No cuts from my heart rate monitor (last two times it scraped my back somehow). I also drank a recovery drink (Recoverite) after the run. It tasted fine and went down smooth. It seemed to work as I had no big aches or pains the rest of the day - just tired legs! I'm happy with the way it went. Today, I feel fine and am so thankful for the day or rest! I still wonder how I will do 14 more...!! I will!
4 comments:
You're doing GREAT! Isn't it amazing how small comments like that man's spur you on. I find that too, it always gives me a little boost! :)
You are doing awesome, Kate! I still have thoughts like how will I run 26.2, even though I have done it before I know I can. :)
You will be ready when that day comes!
I have one elderly neighbor who rides her bike and when she sees me, always tells me I look wonderful or something nice like that even if I'm covered with sweat. I think she's wonderful!
I like that you put a link to your training plan in your sidebar. You're almost to the halfway point now!
thanks you all! i do love the comments and waves from older people. it's so refreshing!
tina! i know - one more week and i will be half way there! wow!!!
Post a Comment