if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Monday, August 31, 2009
Training Week 8
I waited for the rain to stop and the weather to clear before running today. Boy, what a treat it was to run 3 miles tonight with the temps. around 70 and the humidity coming down (still over 80% but it's better than it has been!). There was even a nice breeze to boot! I ran 10 min. miles which for me is regular pace. I think I'll be back to that once the temps and humidity come down. It's been quite the struggle to keep it under 10:30 min miles with how hot and humid it's been over the weeks. This weeks runs are 3,6,3,13. Too bad I won't get a medal when I run 13 miles! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good going! Just think the weather in general can only get cooler from here on in!
I remember thinking that too about the medal when I first did 13 miles in my training :)
I'm having a hard time with the humidity, too. I was hoping to run much faster just because it was a little cooler here the last couple of days, but I guess my body wants it to be a lot cooler before that happens!!!
Hope you have a good 13 miler!
You are doing great Kate! You have persevered through the hot part,it's all downhill from here. You could treat yourself to something special for your 13 miles=D
Post a Comment