if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Training Week 14
My PT friend treated my knee/leg yesterday with electric stimulation therapy. It was great. I am so thankful for her wanting to help me out. I went for a long run this morning with a goal of 10 miles. I felt ok the first 5 miles. I ran a very slow pace and walked 1 or 2 minutes every other 2 or 3 minutes of running. I was trying to be very conservative with my pace and injury. By mile 6 I knew what I was starting to feel was the pain coming back on the side/almost inside of my knee. It felt tight and the pain was very light. By 6.5 I called my man to come get me. I made it to mile 7 but had to walk/run every 20 t0 30 seconds. Not fun. I'm really bummed... but not giving up hope just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No, don't give up hope! Be careful when you start out running again. I wouldn't run until the pain is gone. I know - that's easy to write and hard to do. And here's a lil' reminder: ice! I know I need those reminders sometimes!
Post a Comment