Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 1.2

Up early again. This time I dragged my 15yo with me to gym. He wants to bulk up more in the off season for football. It's hard getting up early but I've never been more motivated. Today I ran 3 and walked just a tiny bit after each mile. It amazes me how much conditioning I've lost with the rest from running. My heart rate stays high (high 170's) by the second mile just at 5mph. Ugh. And I can feel it in my lungs just a tad. Wow. In a few weeks it will all change...
Today I did upper body weights - lats, back, biceps and pectorals.

3 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You're right - running will be easier soon! I just read that those who start out need something like 6 weeks before exercising feels better, but until then, it's rough. Hope it doesn't take 6 for you, though!

Terri said...

Your doing great Kate, just keep persevering, you are right it won't take long. Sounds like you have a wonderful inspiration this time running w/ your friend battling MS.

Wendy said...

So glad you are back at it, Kate!
Hope you will be running injury free.