Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 1.1

Well, here I go again! I'm starting training. I scaled way back since my injury and feel I am ready to start fresh. I plan to do things a little differently hoping it will help. I am so thankful for the ability to run. I have a friend at church who is battling MS. She is just a year or two younger than me. She's been trying to find the right meds to help her. It's been a struggle but it's looking better now. She asked me if I wanted to train for the ING Marathon on March 21st here in ATL. WOW. What an inspiration to run with her. Who am I to gripe and grumble? Her desire and passion to run regardless of her MS just amazes me. So, I hope and pray I can run injury free this time. I'd love to cross the finish line with her!

I got up early and headed to the gym. Ran (with a little walking) 3 miles. Did leg weights for:
quads (50lb 3x @ 10 reps)
hips (abductor and aductor - 7olbs 3x @ 15 reps)
glutes (50lb 3x @ 10 reps)
hamstrings (3x @ 10 reps at 20, 25 and 30 lbs)

Thank you God, for the gift or running and for how it makes me feel!!

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Having a friend to train with will be fun! Hope all goes well!