Tuesday, March 9, 2010

buds

so glad the cold weather is past us. hope it doesn't come back for 9 more months! i ran 4 miles before dinner. i could feel whatever allergen is in the air in my throat! the buds are starting to form everywhere. this picture is from 3/10/08. right now, i'd say about 1/3 of the trees in our area have buds. we sure had a COLD winter! the grass will be green in about 3 to 4 weeks. i.can't. wait.
the route i run is hilly. my man's been encouraging me to start adding speedwork. i know i need to. so i sprinted the long hills. it was hard. but good. :)

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Great photo! We've got some budding flowers, too! And, yes, you have to do speedwork! I look at it as kind of a game - to run as fast as I hope I can.