Monday, March 8, 2010

HOT dog

i took my little hot dog on another 3 mile run after dinner tonight. when she showed up on our door step 1.5 years ago, she weighed in at 22 lbs. that's A LOT for a little dog. within 10 months, she was down to 16. she is right around 15 now. she's lost about a third of her weight now. that's A LOT. now that the weather is nice, i'm hoping i can take her with me on the shorter runs and give her some good exercise. we like to call her hot dog. get it? yeah. i know.

3 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your dog will like the exercise and you'll like the company, unless your dog pulls on the leash. Hopefully not! Is that your dog in the photo?

RunnerMom said...

Hi, Kate! I loved the Birmingham Marathon--I hope you can do it next year.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish I had a "hot dog" to run with, but I have a FAT CAT instead! Maybe I should get her one of those little cat leashes?

That story about the young girl attacked while running scares me so much. I frequently run with others, but I run alone fairly often, too. I love that alone time, but I realize how easy it would be for something like that to happen.

Kate said...

tina, yes, that's our lil' doggy in the picture. she was yawning when i took that picture!

hi runner mom! i have a fat cat too. sometimes i wish i could take her running!!! she is getting bigger each year!