i walked in the door and excitedly told my man, "i'm not a turtle anymore! but i'm not a rabbit. so what am i?" he said "an old rabbit!" (ok, i thought it was funny.) i was so excited to have run the best 4 miles i've run in a very long time. first mile was 9:45 (and that included a mother hill); second mile was 9:15 (slow long inclines and then flat); third mile was 9:30 (slow inclines and then flat); and the fourth mile was 9:45 (two mother hills and up and down inclines). and that includes 30 seconds of walking two or three times when i had to bring my heart rate back down below 180. first of all, i'm still not feeling great (tightness in chest and just kinda off); secondly, i was so hungry and had not had enough water to drink; third i ate this yummy gel right before i left. i would have been greatly mistaken if someone told me that was not apple pie filling. it was Yummm-to the-mmmmy! so whatever happened today, happened good. it made this mama happy to run like that. it's nice to finally see some improvement - even if it comes every few weeks! this song came on at the end of my run - perfect ending to a great run.I am not my own, for I have been made new.
Please don't let me go, I desperately need You.
Meteor Shower - Owl City
Please don't let me go, I desperately need You.
Meteor Shower - Owl City
3 comments:
Way to go! Hard work pays off!
I LOVE IT! I think I'm an old rabbit too!
BTW, love your new header!
Post a Comment