Thursday, April 1, 2010

foolin' five

i ran 5 miles this morning around 11am. i thought (key word there) it was cool outside... you see, last fall, i found a paper thin north face flight jacket on with an uber epic clearance price. i north face but can't afford it, so yes, it was epic for me to find that deal. love that. anyway, i thought it was still somewhat cool out when i headed out to run. so i put on a short sleeve under armour heat gear top (which i also scored big time last fall on sale) and wore it under the flight jacket. there was a nice breeze when i headed out. but by mile two, boy was i cooking. looks like mr.sun played an april fools joke on me. i kept it on and got a good cleansing sweat from it. love that, too. i ran half of my route on the grass next to the sidewalk. trying to find something that will manipulate a trail route. my shins are hurting now. i really need to save up for some trail running shoes... speaking of april fools;GU has an awesome april fools joke that will make you want to barf! i love their personality! :) check it out!

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yeah, funny Gu joke today!; ) I was excited when I read that they had new flavors, but I'd pass on those.

newrunner said...

Haha! I'm a fan of GU on facebook and when I read their status update it took me a few to realize that they really would never make a flavor "liver and onions"!!