Tuesday, June 29, 2010

marine corps marathon training begins today!  the schedule actually had me "rest" for monday.  and that was just fine with me since i was still very sore from saturday's leg weights - my calves and hamstrings especially were thankful!  :)  i'm excited but cautious about training.  having just dealt with hip pain - which is not bad now but still shows up now and then in a small way - my excitement is a little different. the big disappointment of having my goals stopped short last fall from an ITB injury still haunts me.  but, i learned a lot just from those 14 weeks last fall and am very thankful for that.

there is nothing more i want than to run this marathon and give God all the glory for the crossing the finish line. i hope and pray i can make it through the next 18 weeks of training without injury. :)  and today marked the first day of that goal.  a easy 3 mile run!  i am still being conservative with my runs this week and maybe next week as i ease back into it, monitoring how my hip does.  today's run was fine.  i alternated running 5 min and walking 1 min.  hip felt fine.  oh, and i got myself a road id.  it came saturday.  it feels great on my wrist.  as much as i run on the roads and don't always have my phone, i thought it would be wise to get one.  it's cute!

5 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Good luck with the training!

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

I just got my Road ID last week! I know 2 other peeps running the Marine Corps race - how exciting! Happy Training to you! =)

Wendy said...

Yay Kate! So excited for you. I need to get a Road I.D. too. BTW, You should still carry your phone. ;) I always put mine in my spibelt.

That Pink Girl said...

I've only heard wonderful thins about the MCM. You can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, you could link to that product on Amazon with your affiliate ID and get rich quick!