if one could run without getting tired i don't think one would often want to do anything else. ~ c.s. lewis
Friday, July 2, 2010
from :) to :(
i ran 4 miles last night. walked about 5 min. to warm up then ran 5 and walked 1. everything seemed fine. i had a very comfortable pace, form was perfect, pain in my hip was minimal. pain was gone by mile 2 and at the end of mile 4 i felt like i could run 4 more. but just like that, the pain came and went today. i waited to run in the evening. i headed out for a easy paced 3 mile run. i could not even finish .8 of a mile. my hip hurt bad. i'm really bummed. not sure what else to do but rest, alternate ice and heat, and take some alleve for a few days. thoughts of how much more time should i rest and will this set me back to the point of dropping out are swirling like crazy in my head... :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's what I'd do... When you start back up again, if it hurts even a little, maybe you should stop and walk and not run through it... And rest some more. Also, I'd skip any other kinds of exercising that moves/works the sore area. Eventually, you'll get over this. Try not to worry. I know it's kind of hard, though.
thank you tina for the encouragement! :)
Oh, I am so sorry. I wished you were here so you could see my magical chiropractor - she was able to help my hip so much! Being hurt just stinks, there is no way around it. But you will be better soon!
Post a Comment