 |
| grazing... |
my camera with me on today's 10 mile run. i thought about grabbing it right before i left, but just forgot to actually get it. i took my 9yo daughter with me to the
greenway to bike along as i ran. since the clip on my fuel belt is broken, i need someone to haul my water until i can afford to buy a new one! plus, it's just fun to have one, some or all of my fam with me on runs.
:) so we made it there and began around 9:30 this time. it's supposed to be near 100 today - again - so i wanted to start early. i decided to go to the 5 mile marker and turn around. this meant 3 miles of the run would be in direct sun. i was
H.O.T.!!! but 2 beautiful cranes distracted me from the heat. there was a white one and a brown one - i believe male and female. they sat by the edge of the creek water and looked like they were stalking something in the water. when i saw them the second time, they began to fly low, gracefully over the winding creek. i love seeing nature on runs. :) my daughter was so excited to see the cows out in the pasture this time (this pic is from a previous run last month, but this is exactly how they looked!) last time she came that far, the cows were not out in the pasture.
i used
nuun
again and am getting used to the taste. i want to try a different flavor though... i froze half the water in my water bottles last night and topped them off before the run. they were luke warm 5 miles into the run! the run went well, i felt great, and my hip pain was minimal and of course went away after a few miles. so i keep on keeping on...
3 comments:
I don't know what flavor nuun you've used, but I like the tri-berry. The only other one I've tried is lemon-lime, and that was just okay, so I stick to the one I like.
You started out so late. You must have been so hot! I have four bottles and fill a couple of them up 3/4 of the way and drink from them in the later miles. Sometimes that helps a little.
Tri-berry is what I have, too, but without sugar, how can it taste very good?!
Thank you again for the goodies!
Hey, I want to talk to you soon! Chicago Marathon last year was when I had the hip pain going on but not when I run. Email me with your #, I've lost it again!!
Post a Comment