Monday, September 27, 2010

8teen

Done.
Officially the hottest run I've ever run. Oh, and the longest distance I've ever gone.
I drank 64oz of red Powerade and 30oz of water. I felt like it wasn't enough.
Went through 4 gels. I packed 5 but spit one out since the texture and flavor were enough to make me gag. (Hammer Nutrition Raspberry. Yuck.)
My almost 10yo daughter biked next to me. She stayed strong even though her bum was getting sore from the seat and she was hot.
My tummy stayed strong and I felt good overall despite being so incredibly hot.
The last .2 of the run, this lady passed me. She knew this was a long run as she had passed me going the opposite way earlier. She then asked me as she went by, how far. I told her 18. She was finishing a 20 miler. She asked me if I was training for a marathon. I told her MCM. She was too!  How neat is that!
Today it's so much cooler. And there's a steady rain. I am tempted to go run in it now. Nonetheless, I'm very thankful for cooler temps. :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay, Kate!! You're almost there. How awesome that your daughter did all 18 by your side; what a trooper!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Congrats on getting in your longest run ever! Was it the hottest ever, too? That's terrible!

Your daughter is quite the biker! Impressive!

Kirsten said...

YAY for 18!!! Love the milestones of those long distances ESPECIALLY the first one!! Can't believe you still had heat! The end of October is guaranteed to feel like fall, right? :) It will be great!