yesterday i got up early - 6:20am - which for me is way early. i was running by 6:55 - before the sun was really rising! it was 66, and humid. i ran the hilly 5 mile route and felt fine on an empty stomach. like the good 'ol days (when i used to roll out of bed early and run a daily 4 miles in the early morning hours with a neighbor).
i then went to my 2nd massage therapy appt. (gift from my brother and sis in law). it hurt so good. the left ITB was tight but taken care of. so thankful for such a treat. my legs were dead tired yesterday, from that I assume.
today, is a busy rest day. i will be carbo loading as best as i can. it seems tomorrow is the last 90+ degree day and then the 5 days after that show temps in the upper 70's with good chances of rain. yes, i'm excited! about the drop in temps and the chance of rain. i need to run in the rain so i feel prepared for a rainy race day - if that were to happen. last fall, it rained soooo much here. so many of my short and long runs were in the rain - and i loved it!
i'm still being cautiously optimistic and hope to cross off week 13. :)

2 comments:
Something I thought about recently... I've been experimenting with running fuel in the heat all summer, but things will change if the race day is cooler, like it probably will be for both of us. We might not need to drink as much, for instance. We'll just have to stay flexible. I hope you have a good long run!
This is what our fridge looks like! We have this plan on our door for Jeremy! I would use this plan if I were running my TENTH marathon! So proud of you! Jeremy runs a marathon the week before you! I am so jealous! I want to do the one you are doinG! Ive heard it is amazing!
Post a Comment