![]() |
| crunch crunch crunch - every step! |
ran 12 miles today. fastest i've run that distance yet. must have been the cool temps. i even had negative splits and ran the second half 2 min faster than the first half! yay!! i had a wardrobe mishap though. the shorts i was going to wear marathon day kept pulling inward so they felt twisted. and my shirt gave me bad burn near my underarms. guess i need to just glide my whole entire being!
i also realized that's the last of the long runs for two weeks. i think i might go crazy. i love long runs now. more than ever. i know that sounds crazy. but i am a little crazy! can't wait to put my feet up in a few hours. it's been a long busy week.

4 comments:
You have done awesome! And you are not crazy for loving the long run. My favorite long runs are 15 and 20!
The running day attire is something we all get tripped up on and everyone says make sure you run in your marathon day clothes on your long run. Well, when I got to Chicago last year for the marathon, everything changed. The temps were much cooler than expected. I had planned to run in a sports bra tank and shorts. I had to buy a long sleeve top (which was fun cause wendy and I matched) and I wore capris that I had purchased before we left Austin. So, if you have to make a change, YOU WILL BE FINE!
I am so excited for you! JEALOUS TOO! I miss running and reading these entries help me and makes me look forward to running again after I have the 4th baby! :)
I am so proud of you my friend. Sorry to make such a long comment. Hope I didn't sound like a know it all cause really I know nothing!! :)
I love you friend!
You can remember those negative splits when you're in the last miles of your marathon - it will give you confidence to run strong at the finish.
We've talked about fluids before. I might try to go more by thirst from now on: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/medical/hydration.
The more bodyglide I use, the better! I'd wear different shorts, if you have some others you like. I'd hate to have twisting shorts for 26.2 miles!
i can't believe it's almost time!!! i'm so excited for you, kate, and cannot wait to hear all about it. i'm still living through your running and can't wait to start back up. best wishes!
Sounds like the perfect last long run to me! Hope the taper doesn't make you too crazy and I just know you will have a great marathon. I can't wait to read all about it! Congrats on completing all of your training!!!
Post a Comment