ran 4 miles on the treadmill thursday on a perfectly beautiful afternoon so i could selfishly watch basketball - march maddness!!!
took yesterday "off" and ran 9 miles early today. started off running a 10:30 pace for the first mile and then something just turned on. i ran the other 8 miles at a 9 something minute pace. i did stop for 1 minute to talk to the cows but even so, when i looked at my watch, it was always somewhere around 9:00-9:30 (and even lower when i would pass someone or run faster).
this hill work must be paying off because really, i am not a naturally fast runner. i'm so encouraged right now!

5 comments:
Yea!! Super excited for you! Those times are AWESOME!
Since you posted about hills I found a trail that has two massive hills on the journey. And boy do hills hurt! I'm anxious for the pay off though. :)
Happy running!!
Cathy
So awesome!! Love days like that!
Yea!!! Happy for your 9's!!! I know that must be so encouraging! After this next 1/2 I'm going back to do more hill training. Sure wish I could find a really big one. How much longer are you doing hill work?
that's amazing! way to go!
thank you all soooo much!!
yay, cathy - good to see you here! glad you found some hills - it does hurt so good but the results will come - i promise!
terri - going to do hill repeats once a week and just keep working my way up to do more (right now i'm at 5 which totals half a mile of running up and the other half a mile jogging down. aiming for ten repeats! i've gone mad!!!
Post a Comment