i took
one week off from running. i think the hills got to me. not only had i been doing hill repeats weekly, but continuously running hilly routes and my legs were just needing a
big break, as i was mentally, too. i looked at my miles over the past 6 weeks and they
increased way too much the week before i felt so
lead like. going to
build back up gradually.
saturday i hit the pavement hungrier than ever for a
4 mile run.
LOVE that feeling.
today i ran
4 mostly flat miles with my 10yo. she is a natrual runner. no doubt. she just floats - has the perfect stride i've seen, and has speed. it's in her.
been doing exercises with the
keetlebells. wow oh wow, am i sore but do i
love the keetle- yes i do!!
3 comments:
I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you got some rest, and are back at it now.
Love kettles too!
Hey Kate, Thanks for stopping by. I love the vff's. I've had some hamstring and hip problems. A couple of weeks ago got out for a long run and wore my running shoes because I thought it was to cold for my vff's. By the time I was done my hamstring and hip were hurting so bad. So the next day I didnt care I was wearing my vff's and doing 10 miles. I never had any hamstring or hip pain. It truely is amazing to me. I have a 20k in June. I was having trouble committing to running it in vff's, but now I'm committed to running that race in my vff's.
I have the Jillian Kettle bell dvd. I did it once. It is not as easy as it looks. I will have to try it again.
Good to hear the break helped! Sounds like you have yourself a running partner:) I haven't tried kettle-bells they sound hard.
Post a Comment