Saturday, May 14, 2011

best 10 miler

tuesday, my man came along with me on the run and had to motivate me just to get 3 miles done. i was hungry, my legs felt weak, and it was so hot out.

wed, there was no time to run. :(

thursday i ran 6 miles - 4 miles with my 12yo and 2 more on my own. she struggled in the heat as i did tuesday. we ran to the trail i found last saturday so part of it was shaded. i went through 37 oz of water for 6 miles. the heat was on!

today i ran 10 miles. the.best 10 mile run i've had in a long time. i dug deep and ran 7 of those miles on a winding, rolling hill trail loop. i just got in the zone and kept the pace at 9 to 9:15 and sometimes in the mid 8's and had a fantastic run. even on my last mile and a half running home i was in the upper 8's. there's nothing like running with a smile on your face! :)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That's awesome, Kate!! I'm hoping my 10 feels like that tomorrow too. :)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Winding, rolling hills actually sound good to me. I wish I had lots of good hills to run on, but at least it's cooler in Houston lately. Sounds like a great 10 miler!

Terri said...

EXCELLENT!!!!! Kate so happy for you that you are gaining the speed you wanted. I know you are going to rock your next race!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the smile! Glad you can run with your daughter.
A very good job on the 10 miles.